Saturday, June 24, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things #62 with Amy Kolling

Hello Tracey here this week and welcome back to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



This week the guest I have invited is...



I asked Amy to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog is Stamp-n-Paradise.  Truthfully, I named it right before I went on a vacation and have never changed it.  It's something that I have been thinking about a lot lately because my blog needs updated so badly!  Changing your blog name is HUGE......and coming up with a new name that fits me and my style has been very hard!  So stay tuned!

2. What is your style of card making?

My style differs depending on mood, stamps I am working with, etc. but for the most part I am a Clean and Simple with some layers kind of designer.  I enjoy card challenges and they influence my style too!


3. Who inspires you as a designer?

I'm not sure any one person or persons inspire me but I like Laura Bassen for her colorful, blended cards (and her fun videos) and Yana Smakula for her gorgeous style.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I find inspiration everywhere but I love browsing the gift bags at Target for patterns and colors.  Usually they are trendy and full of color!  CAS sketches also are inspiring especially if I am a bit stuck on how to get my idea started.  

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

I recently started drinking coffee.  Before the holiday, my daughter kept asking for Starbucks so I gave in.  I really liked it and now am hooked since we got a Keurig!  My favorite, Peppermint Mocha by Gevalia, is unfortunately seasonal but I've found a few new ones to tide me over till the holidays this year!

Here is Amy's card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration!


Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 


Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow


Wanda Cullen


...and one from me

Tracey McNeely


 We are going to be taking a break for the summer, so this is the last challenge until September. We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, June 30 at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

7 comments: